Friday, July 29, 2011

The ride formerly known as "The Grind"

I'm not sure what to call this ride any more, we used to call it "The Grind".  It is a pretty decent climb but I think Findley probably should be called "The Grind"- especially when the Findley Double is taken on.  It took me 17 minutes to get up to the intersection of Panther Gulch and East Fork.  After that it was 34 minutes to get to the gated road that traverses the mountain towards the old jeep trail that connects up with East Fork again.  I left the house around 8:00.  It is a little late to be leaving that late for this ride.  It took 1hr 19minutes round trip.  Unfortunately I don't have a light so it wasn't real safe on the way back- I'll have to pick one up in-case this happens again.  19 miles total.

No comments:

Post a Comment