Friday, August 12, 2011

Findley Night Ride

I've been wanting to try a night ride for quite some time.  I think I found a pretty good light system for a very resonable price.  It started with a cheap zefal combo headlight/ taillight.  I then saw a nice flashlight that boasts 220 lumens - and it fits in the zefal mount.  I'm not sure what the zefal light puts out but it is not for riding off of the paved bike path.  All for about 37$ with amazon prime!  It was time to ride so I thought why not my "favorite" ride.  I headed out about 8:20 pm and knew it would be dark soon- sunset is 8:15 now.  The moon was very nearly full.  I took a picture with the old iphone which didn't turn out that well.  It was quite a scene looking towards Ferris Gulch as the moon was rising.


It really added a new dimension to the ride that I have done a lot.  It was a solo ride so I was a little nervous a few times.  With my light system I hit 25 mph on the downhill- much slower than the 34 mph in the day time.  It felt pretty fast anyway...  A lot of fun and I look forward to more rides as Fall is soon approaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment