Saturday, January 1, 2011

Lots of Snow on the ground...

Happy new Year!

We just got back from New Year's on the coast.  After all the good food and relaxing, I had to get out on the bike.  When we were gone, it snowed a few inches.  I got a late start, about 4:00.  It was pretty cold.  By this time, I had my shoe covers which helped tremendously.  However, I think that I still might need some better socks.  Quite a few sections of Findley Rd. had snow.  It helped with the traction actually.  Much of the road has that slippery red clay I mentioned in the last post.  It was cold...  I did feel pretty good although I felt like the cold air was effecting my breathing.  There is a game trail that I would like to check out some time.  I think it connects up with the ridge road.  I stopped short of the top as it was getting pretty dark. I admit, I was pretty tired too.  Maybe next time I will make it to the top...

No comments:

Post a Comment