Friday, February 18, 2011

Mud, Snow and some Sunshine...

I decided to head up Findley road today. It has been raining and snowing the last few days. The snow level is pretty low. I anticipated hitting both snow and some wet conditions on this ride today. The temp was still pretty cool but the partly cloudy/ sunny conditions- this made for a great ride. This "road" gets really challenging with even a little water. There are ruts in the road and it is primarily clay. Once I had to put my foot down when I lost traction ( I hate that). Once I got near the top the snow made it difficult to power up the last uphill section. I almost made it to the top but lost traction with only about 10 feet to go. Regardless of the challenges, it still only took 39 minutes to the top. The way down was great but very muddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment