Saturday, October 15, 2011

Findley Peak

Headed out this evening about 5:15 toward the top of the "Findley Peak".  Check out the location on the map.  There is a great view up there of the Williams Valley.  I made it to the top of the ridge in 31.2 minutes.  Not a bad time, considering I have really only been riding once a week.  My last ride was pretty intense and lengthy- honestly it took me a few days to recover from it.  I reached the top of the Peak at 46 minutes.  It gets pretty steep the last section to the top.  The sun had set, there were high scattered clouds that reflected the afterglow.  It is getting dark early now.  I turned on the lights and headed down.  I really only needed it in a few of the heavy canopy areas.  By the time I reached the highway it was light enough to ride without the light but nice to have it.  10.3 miles round trip and took 1hour 9 minutes back to the house.  Not a lot of miles but high intensity ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment