Monday, October 24, 2011

Findley Ridge Dusk Ride

Headed out this evening solo at about 5:50.  The forecast for tonight is a pretty hard freeze.  As soon as the sun was behind the mountain it was getting cold.  I am thankful that I had picked up my Novara Jacket about a month ago at REI.   I was a little warm on the way up (when am I not warm up Findley).  Perfect on the way down.  The Jacket is supposed to be windproof at 60 mph. 

I had a pretty good time to the top of the ridge- 31 minutes from the start the junction of Williams Hwy/ Findley Road.  By the time I reached the ridge it was starting to get dark.  I turned on the lights and headed down.  I might have to move my light from my helmet to the handlebar.  On these cooler nights there is quite a bit of moisture in the air.  In a few sections it was difficult to see as the light reflected off the fog.  I also have decided I need to upgrade my cheapo safety glasses for some real night eye wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment