Monday, January 2, 2012

First ride of the new year

This afternoon I headed out solo planning for about a 1.5 hr ride.  It has warmed up today and I quickly found myself with the jacket in the backpack.  I tried to keep a pretty strong pace all the way up.  Most of the ride I had my bike in the middle chain ring.  Headed up Panther Gulch to the lower gated road (that is always open) and loop around back to East Fork.  On the way up I took a few photos of the valley.

Looking towards Grayback


Once you reach the Clearing on the top of the ridge you have basically two options.  First you can head down to East Fork Road (which is what I did this time).

Option 1- towards East Fork Road

There is a small mound of dirt that will lead you to a jeep road/ mostly single track downhill.  This old road will tie in with a BLM road that hooks up with East Fork Road.

Option 2- up to the upper Panther Gulch Road

This one turned out a little blurry.  There is a single track trail that will take you to the upper Panther Gulch Road.

Here is the Google Earth Map Below:




View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment