Thursday, June 21, 2012

Diamond Lake and Mt. Bailey Attempt

We were camping this weekend at Diamond lake.  I noticed on my Tread maps app that there was a trail that connected from the Diamond lake loop trail to the top of Mount Bailey.  I knew that there was going to be too much snow to make it very far but I gave it a try.  You start on what is Silent creek, right before a arched bridge.
Turn Left here up the creek

This is a pretty fun trail with a lot of bridges as you follow Silent creek.


You then enter an intersection where you find the Mt. Bailey trail-head.

The Mount Bailey hasn't been maintained yet so I had to hop quite a few logs.  I went until the snow was too deep and turned around. 

The trail around the lake is pretty but it is paved- not my thing but some great views.



1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to explore trails around Diamond lake for a while. You have been riding some sweet stuff.

    ReplyDelete