Saturday, June 2, 2012

Findley peaks to Panther Gulch via Layton Ditch

Back the opposite direction from last time.  I wanted to get a little more vertical in this time.  This first pic is my quick rest to the top of Findley Ridge.  I still haven't gotten faster than 30 minutes from the bottom of Findley Road.  I was about 31 minutes to the top of the ridge today.

First I climbed to the east peak.  Not much of a view from this peak but it is actually higher than the other one.

On your way down the trail to the saddle between the two peaks there is one nice view towards East fork in Williams. 

Then I climbed over to the west peak at findley, as always a great view up here.

Then I made my way down to the layton ditch trail on a road I haven't tried before.  It is a fairly new road put in a few years ago.  It is in pretty good shape with some sections of minor ruts.

The trail was cleaned up since last time.  The manzanita that was in the way was cut out and I was able to move a rotten log that was blocking the trail too.

Still a lot of poison oak and it is growing like crazy.  Here are a few shots of the trail:


The old jeep road that parallels Panther Gulch road has been cleaned up on the bottom, a few of the logs that blocked the road are gone.  The upper portion still has a lot of branches and some brush to force your way through.  Great Ride!

Google Earth View:


View Larger Map
Garmin Map:

No comments:

Post a Comment