Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Findley Peak at Sunset

This afternoon I was able to get out on the bike in time to make the sunset up at the peak.  Great weather!  Lots of sunshine but a little on the cool side.  I was short sleeves and leg warmers all the way to the top.  Once I was at the top it was definitely time for the jacket.  I was able to get up to the first ridge in 33 minutes.  I pretty good time considering the condition of the road.  For the entire ride, I was able to make it without putting my foot down and stopping.  A good accomplishment for me as the road was very slippery.  The most difficult section is actually the last push up to the peak.  Once I got up there, it was probably about 10 minutes till sunset so I snapped a few pics.


I thought this pic was cool, with the sun in the background.

Going
Going...
 
 
 
 

 Gone!

A great ride other than my rear brake has been giving me fits.  It has been rubbing on the rear rotor and now the lever is way too soft.  I think there is air in the line.  It's to the shop as it is beyond my mechanical capabilities.  I hope I can have it back by the weekend.  I think the weather will still be nice for riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment