Sunday, November 6, 2011

A new ride- Upper East fork ridge

Today I headed out excited to try a new route.  The temperatures have dropped significantly.  I had to dress accordingly- I decided it was time to try out my new Novara Thermal Tech Leg warmers.  We decided to drive up to a fairly central location on the route- note the location at the bottom of the post.  We headed south on east fork until you hit the second gate.  We headed up a few miles on East Fork.  There is a gate that essentially marks the official end of east fork.  From there you can continue south on east fork until a turn out and the road turns to a single track.  You have to cross a creek which I believe is Pipe Fork.  There is another yellow gate that seems to be in the middle of nowhere.   There is a fairly obscure trail that you head east on.  This will connect you with a system of old logging roads on what I would call upper east fork.  I can't tell you exactly the route we took.  The map below highlights the approximate portion of the route that we took.  There was  some great single-track and some great views from the ridge top.  Not a lot of miles but a lot of fun.  Thanks Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment