Saturday, March 10, 2012

Findley West Peak

Unfortunately I haven't been riding enough lately to keep up the fitness level that I would like.  The last two "real" rides that I have done I could really notice my strength and stamina was lacking.  The west peak up findley is a pretty good climb.  It took me a lot longer to do this ride compared to the last time.  About 10 minutes slower this time.  I ran into a lot of snow in a shady section up there- actually had to walk through it.  There is a pretty steep section the last push up to the peak, today I couldn't make it up without walking.  It is steep but add some slick conditions and it is near impossible.  Not to mention my legs were pretty tired.  Great view up there today.  Here are a few of the pictures: 




My stats for this ride are a bit discouraging but I can gain back my strength pretty quickly.  I still feel like I have a pretty good base.  Lots of extra daylight now and hopfully some good riding weather will help in that process.  I need to train for my Birthday ride this year.  I'm planning to ride in the hills above applegate lake.  Stein Butte, Squaw lakes and possibly little grayback mountain area.  Shooting for around 40 miles of intense singletrack and a lot of vertical.  It will take some definite training for this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment