Saturday, March 17, 2012

Panther Gulch and Jeep Road Downhill

Headed out this afternoon about 4:30.  Was hoping that Dan and I could ride together but ended up going solo today.  This route is a pretty easy climb with a fun downhill.  Quite a few road miles.  The weather today ended up being amazing.  Partly cloudy skies, some sunshine and not too chilly. 

On the way up I had a bit of trouble- a flat.  I have been running pretty low pressure lately and I think that it finally caught up with me.  Replaced the flat and I was on my way in about 10 minutes (maybe less).
It is good to be prepared.

Here you can see the turn off from the main road it follows a short portion of the Layton Ditch Mine trail and then you connect with an old jeep road. 
Take this trail then make a sharp right.

The downhill is actually quite technical with the ruts and down logs that you have to navigate.  Was a bit muddy with all the rain we have had lately.  Looks like a river has been running down the old road.

Good ride other than the flat:


No comments:

Post a Comment